Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just a quick update

Thought I'd jump on here real quick and post a couple of new developments. Well, Levi hasn't officially been sleeping through the night but-- but we are growing closer to that-- I hope. He is now going from approximately 7:30 at night to about 4:30-5:00am. Then he drinks a bottle and back to sleep he goes.

I went out the other night for a couple of hours with the girls and left Tim to put Levi to bed. Funny he didn't want to go to bed on time that night. I'll have to work with Tim a little more on the magic touch for putting him to sleep. It's really funny. He drinks his bottle, he burps, sometimes he poops-- so then we change that. Then I wrap him up in his little baby burrito swaddle. Binky into mouth. Turn him towards me on his side. He then buries his little face into the crook of my elbow and his eyes roll back, a few taps on the heiney and his eyes close. He's out. Then into the bassinet he goes. Nighty night. I guess he just missed me that night. Tim did get him to sleep-- a little later than usual but he did good nonetheless.

He absolutely loves his bath! He kicks and squirms-- he lifts his little butt up and kicks at the same time. One of these days I'm afraid he's going to slide right out of the bottom of the baby tub. It's like bathing Shamu somedays. More water around the sink than in it. He's so funny though. It's just water-- and it cleans up just fine.

He also shared a cute little laugh with us the other night. It was hilarious! I was tickling him under his chin and he just giggled! That turned the tears on. I love him so much. I never imagined it was possible to love something or someone that much. But I do. He's changed my life. And I'm so happy for it.

Well, I guess I best get to bed. I gotta get my sleep too. No breaks around here.
Talk to you all soon.

No comments: