Big accomplishment made this week, not sure yet if it was a fluke or just the beginning of a greatness. Levi slept through the night Sunday night. Now the contraversial part-- was it because the steelers won?? I don't know. I do know however he had a grand time hanging out with his Aunt Cami as they bonded over Black and Gold. He was entranced by the football game-- he's noticed the tv before so it's not like that was new to him. It was hilarious to watch him, watch it. Now what on earth does that have to do with sleeping through the night? Not sure if anything, but he was so tired that by 6:00 he was ready to zonk out. So he did for a little bit. Then it was bathtime and bottle and into his crib. He went right to sleep in his crib at Grandma's house--- even with the Steelers Cheering Section (Cami and Carli) after the win going on in the living room and a raucous game of scattergories happening in the dining room. Around nine we came home and I wondered if he would wake up when I transfered him from car seat to basinett. Nope, he didn't even peek out of an eye. At 3:00 I was up to potty, he still was snoozing away. Shortly after I checked on him again and he was still sleeping. I couldn't really relax then cause I thought as soon as I get comfortable he's going to be getting up. Tim got up at 4:30-- still Levi had not stirred. I heard Tim leave at 5:00, nothing. 6:15 rolls around and I hear the beginnings of movement in the bassinet. I couldn't believe it!
Last night he was in bed at his usual time about 7:45 and he didn't get up until 4:30am. So not completely through like the night before but still pretty stinkin' good!
I'll take 8 hours, no problem! No I just need to get in the habit of going to bed earlier myself. I find I try to stay up and get some things done at night. Thank Goodness we now have DVR and my tv shows are just recorded and I can watch them whenever I want. LOVE DVR-- if you don't have it-- GET IT!
Right now he's sitting in his little rocking chair, cooing away. Although I did hear him tooting so I think a diaper change is in the near future. Lucky me.
So I don't think I posted his update from his 2 month checkup..... drum roll........ he weighs 17 pounds and is 25 1/2 inches long. So he's gained 7+ pounds and 3 1/4 inches in 2 months! Wow! It is amazing how fast babies grow and change. He looks the same as before but yet different. Does that make sense?
I go back to work in 2 more weeks. Mixed feelings on that of course but money doesn't grow on our trees unfortunately. How I wish I could find those trees!!
Well, I guess I should be going for now. I'll post again soon. Take care and thanks for stopping by. I'm going to change a sweet (smelling) baby's diaper.
No comments:
Post a Comment